62-64 Saunders St, Rego Park, NY 11374
When it comes to quick attention to your bike lockouts in Queens and New York, you can always count on us for our immediate response and work efficiency. We are one of the leading locally operated and owned locksmiths that works 24 hours, 7 days a week to resolve all your bicycle lock and key needs.
Our mobile team carries various toolset and supplies so that all services are being performed at the customer’s location all the time. Meanwhile, our extensive experience and continuous training ensure all locksmith work is guaranteed.
We Can Unlock Any Bike Locks
Are you using D-locks? Chain locks or Combination locks? Whatever kind of bicycle locks you are using, our experienced and reliable locksmiths can accurately fix or unlock that in no time.
Now, you have fewer worries with your bike lockouts because of our 24-hour emergency service anywhere in Queens and New York. Our mobile van always does a quick response around the clock for all emergencies and scheduled appointments.
When facing problems with your bicycle locks and keys, contact us at Charles Locksmith Queens.
Bike Locking Tips
Every year, we hear about the increasing case of stolen bicycles in Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Bronx. In line, the typical cause for this incident is improper bike locking and weak locks used.
Fortunately, you can reach us anytime and anywhere in New York with just one phone call. In 15 minutes response time, our mobile van will be there in your spot to accurately solve your bicycle lock and key dilemmas.
Moreover, here are some practical tips that you can follow to avoid getting your bikes stolen or locked out.
- Never use cable locks as your primary security, instead use D-locks or chain locks with Sold Secure rating.
- Avoid parking your bicycles in busy areas or an isolated alley.
- For a reasonable cost, registering your bicycle adds better security and traceability in case it gets stolen or lost. Make a quick search on the appropriate agency where you can register your bike.
- If you can take your bicycle inside your house or premises, then it is a wise decision, especially if you will be leaving it overnight in the outdoor.
- Even when placed inside your balcony or garage, we still recommend that you lock your bike down.
- There is nothing wrong when you will invest in a GPS tracking device for your bike.
- When transporting your bike at the rear compartment of your vehicle, be sure to cover it, so the glaring eyes of thieves won’t be set on your bicycle.
- Make your bike and lock look shabby and old so it won’t motivate thieves from stealing it.
- Avoid parking your bicycle on the same spot as bike thieves can detect them or find an opportunity to steal it.
- Meanwhile, you can also purchase insurance for your bicycle. With that, you have a good monetary recovery in case your bike will never be retrieved.
If you want the best price guarantee for your bicycle lockout and relevant concerns, then contact us today.
How to Lock a Bike
Let’s face it, we are guilty of quickly locking and leaving our bikes when we ran an errand or commuting for work. It is one of the main reasons why there is a rising case of stolen bikes around Queens.
Fortunately, when you have some problems with your locks, keys, or experiencing a bike lockout, our licensed and bonded technicians are around the clock ready to assist you
Nevertheless, here are some guidelines that we like to share on the proper ways of locking your bicycle.
- Your chain, cable, or D-lock must pass through the triangle portion of your bike frame.
- Never lock on the seat post because the latter can be slipped off easily.
- Upon letting your lock pass through your frame, make sure to lock it on your bike’s rack section.
- For the movable or detachable parts of your bicycle, you can use a pinhead or cable lock to secure it.
What Is A Bike Lockout?
You will experience a bicycle lockout when your locks are destroyed, its keys are lost or you forget its combination. When encountering this situation, we recommend that you avoid DIY unlocking methods as it can either further damage your bike lock or worsen the problem.
Meanwhile, the best option you can do is to call for a nearby bicycle locksmith service like Charles Locksmith Queens. We guarantee top-notch solutions for your bike lock and key issues because all of our locksmiths are duly licensed, trained, and bonded for these works.
Moreover, we offer an affordable locksmith price range that fits any budget for the locals. Anywhere and anytime, you can call our hotline for help.
Types Of Bike Locks
Further, we feel the need that you have to know the different types of bicycle locks in the market. So far, there are six types out there install for you.
It is also known as the U-locks which has become a common choice among amateurs and professionals. Its design and material have a good reputation for deterring bike theft.
In line, most of it has a Sold Secure rating which provides a guarantee that it can withstand bolt cutters and garden scissors.
Thieves are always having second thoughts when they see a chain lock wound up around your bicycle frame and rack. Its firm and rugged appearance provide visual and physical deterrence from bike theft.
If you like higher security level, then choose those with thicker chain links and use Sold Secure padlocks or combi locks.
These locks have a Sold Secure rating and are ideal if you don’t like keys. Make sure to choose those which use four to five figures for your passcode.
Best for stationary places like your garage, balcony, or in bike parking areas.
It works the same way as your chain locks, yet its flexibility is controlled by the number of joints present in your folding lock.
It is a great choice for secondary locks to your bicycle. It is lightweight, cheap, and easy to use. You can use this to secure the wheels of your bike.
AAll locksmith services
Besides that, our services encompass the locksmithing needs of the households, business owners, and car owners in the area.
- Auto locksmith services
Apart from your bicycle, we also handle the lock and key troubles of the locals regarding their vehicle and motorcycle. In Queens, we cover the following concerns for car locksmith solutions.
- Car and trunk lockout
- Car key replacement and duplication
- Reprogramming transponders and key fobs
- Repairing broken ignition
- Car door lock rekeying
- Stuck key extraction
- Residential Locksmith Services
We also handle problems regarding the door locks and smart keyless locks inside your homes. It is our mission to provide cost-efficient lock and key solutions for the household in New York.
Here are some of the services we provide for the locals:
- Deadbolt installation
- Lock rekeying and repairs
- Locks on windows, cabinets, furniture, and mailboxes
- Garage door locks
- Commercial locksmith services
Lastly, we also provide urgent and flexible lock and key solutions for the stores, offices, warehouses, clinics, and other business infrastructures in New York. It is highly critical that you keep your locking mechanisms at its best to avoid burglary, break-ins, and lockouts.
For inquiries, emergencies, and appointments, contact us anytime.
- Re-key Locks
- locks installed affordably
- Emergency lockouts
- High Security Locks
- Safe Service and Repair
- Bell and Buzzer Systems
- Doors Installation/ Repair
- Panic Exit Devices
- Access Control
- Master Systems
- And many more